Here’s what’s so important about servicing your heat pump every year
With heat pumps, as with all heating and cooling systems, regular maintenance is key to efficient operation and a maximized lifespan. When things get dirty and air flow becomes obstructed, the performance of your heat pump decreases and the compressor can get damaged.
Not keeping an eye on the health of your heating and cooling system can end up costing you a pretty penny. So, we suggest a few things to help you avoid dipping into your savings…
How to keep your heat pump running efficiently
- Clean or change filters once a month as needed
- Maintain the system according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Clean outdoor coils whenever they appear dirty
- Occasionally, turn off power to the fan and clean it
- Remove vegetation and clutter from around the outdoor unit
- Ensure that vents and registers aren’t blocked by furniture, carpets, or other items that could disrupt airflow
- Clean the supply and return registers in your home, and straighten fins if bent.
How can a professional technician help your heat pump?
It’s a good idea to have a professional technician service your heat pump seasonally, or at the very least annually. Since heat pumps are used as both heating and air conditioning systems, they undergo twice as much wear and tear as other systems do.
It’s a good idea to schedule regular heat pump maintenance twice a year—once in the spring and once in the fall. During your service, our certified technicians will:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply nonconductive coating
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation.
How can you help keep your heat pump healthy?
Most heat pumps don’t give off easily identifiable symptoms until they have advanced into big issues. By the time you notice them and call for repairs, it’s often too late.
So what should you do? Keep your mind at ease, and those dollars in the bank, by signing up for our annual maintenance reminder program. There are no annual commitments, no monthly fees, no hooks, and no gimmicks. We’ll call you in the month you choose and ask if you’d like a maintenance service call. If you change your mind and decide not to take us up on it, there’s no cost at all. You only pay for any service you receive.
It’s easy and takes less than five minutes. Simply fill out the form here.
The only catch is this: when you sign up for our call list you automatically receive a 10% discount on all maintenance. That’s not a bad thing, is it?!
Why Choose Temprite Climate Solutions?
We’re registered Daikin Comfort Professionals and we offer experienced service, maintenance and free in-home consultations. We’re also intimate with heating and cooling systems, and we’re a friendly team committed to providing nothing but stellar customer service.
We’re only a phone call away, so give us a call us at 250-465-2490 or, if you prefer, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org